This week, we begin a new series on the #1 Myth That Blocks Each Chakra. Beliefs are either: ideas we inherited from our family whole before our critical thinking was developed or thoughts we have repeated so often, we now take them as “reality.” Cultural beliefs, in particular, are usually very deep-seated in our subconscious because they have often been passed down for generations.
Deeply held beliefs, especially those we “inherited” rather than chose for ourselves, can cause blockages in a chakra if they make a negative judgment about that chakra. And there are many of these kinds of beliefs that we grow up believing — especially about the lower chakras.
In this series, I’m going to shine a light each week on what I belief to be the biggest cultural myth blocking each chakra. And as usual, we’re going to start with the root.
Your root chakra resides at your tailbone and it is the slowest, densest chakra that relates to your body and your physical world. It’s color is red and it’s element is earth and it’s all about the things that are foundational in your life like, your home, family, health, career and financial stability.
Yes, this is the money chakra. And since we hold a lot of funny beliefs and emotions around money, it’s easy for the root to get blocked over financial beliefs.
So it shouldn’t surprise you that the first cultural myth we’re going to debunk is: “MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.”
We’ve all heard it. It’s a shortening of the biblical idea that the love of money is the root of all evil and for this reason, it’s particularly popular in Christianity.
The truth is: money is just energy that can be used in all sorts of different ways – “good, “bad,” and everything in between. When we understand this, we can create a relationship with it that brings out the best in both of us.
Money is often referred to as currency because: 1) it’s a form of energy and energy moves in currents, and 2) It’s meant to flow like any current — both in and out.
We’re going to practice seeing money in a more positive light, but in order for us to move on from the old belief that it’s “the root of all evil,” we first need to thank the belief.
Why? Because it had to have had a positive purpose of some sort. It helped us in some way — perhaps to be aware of our greed shadow or it helped our ancestors to accept working hard for little pay if that was their lot in life. When you resist a belief, it persists. When you thank it for having served you in whatever way it did (you don’t even have to know what way), then it respectfully gives you the reigns and you can switch to a belief that better serves your wants and needs.
Do the quick exercise I demonstrate in the video where you thank this old belief and send it on its way.
Here’s a list of things to do that will help mend your relationship with money and allow you to see it as a force for “good” rather than “evil.”
Take These Actions to Debunk This False Root Chakra Belief:
- Fully acknowledge all the charity that goes out — hundreds of billions of dollars (and other forms of currency) are given to charities every year. In 2016, in the U.S. alone, $390 billion was given to charity. And individual donations are growing more quickly than corporate donations. We are using money to connect with and help each other across the globe. The more we awakened humans make, the more we can bypass governments and more properly redistribute the resources of our planet.
- Tithe (non-religiously) and choose the kind of good works your money goes toward.
- Downsize and save money so there’s more resources for everyone. Studies show we are happier with our choices when we have less choices (amazingly), so more is not necessarily better. As we return to more simplicity, we get clear on what we really want and need – and we become impervious to marketers who try to scare us with notions of scarcity and promote unnecessary consumerism.
- Send love and appreciation when you pay your bills.
- Do tapping/EFT on this: “Even though I’m getting wealthier and wealthier, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” By doing this, you tap away any unconscious resistance you may have around growing more and more prosperous (such as thinking you would be a bad person for having a lot of money because it’s “the root of all evil”).
- Collect coins in lovely containers and place them on little “altars” around your home – perhaps seven of them since it’s such an auspicious number. Bless these coins frequently to to get your body and subconscious mind to accept the concept that money is spiritual. Keep an eye out for any stray coins you find anywhere. The more you look for them, the more you’ll find them. And the more you find them, the more your subconscious will understand that money is everywhere and that life is abundant.
If you embrace some or all of the above practices, you should see a positive shift in your subconscious beliefs around money — and a subsequent boost in your prosperity. Hopefully, then, you’ll start to use money as a current of love – moving in and out of your life, blessing you and others.
You may also want to take a look at the 5 shadow qualities of the root chakra here too.
Have an awesome week!
Want to get my weekly emails? Just grab your FREE copy of my Chakra Empowerment Course or a FREE copy of my Heart Chakra Healing Song and you’ll get my weekly inspirations. You can get my beautiful Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ here and my brand new (not even “officially” released) book, ‘Your Roadmap to Life Mastery: Discover the 7-Year Cycles That Shape Your Life’ here. It will help you tap into your personal roadmap for success – your chakras and the chakra cycles of your life.