Balancing the Chakras
Many of the chakra “balancing” tips you find in books or online are really chakra boosting tips. That is, they are tips on how to increase the energy and flow of any given chakra. Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ are called “boosters,” but they are actually “balancers,” because they are sized in a way that boosts a deficient chakra while reducing an excessive one.
This means that you can use Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ to balance your chakras without having to diagnose your chakras first. But it’s important to realize that putting on all seven Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos at once may be too much of a boost to your energy system if you are not used to running much energy through your system. For more information on how to begin using the tattoos, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™.
Typically, to balance your chakras, you first need to diagnose their current state. You need to discover which chakras are deficient and which ones are excessive. To determine the current state of your chakras now, please take this quick and easy Chakra Test. Don’t think too much – answer instinctually.
Whether or not you take a chakra test, it’s important to be aware that your chakras are always shifting – always – meaning 24/7. They may be shifting in subtle or not-so-subtle ways, depending on what’s going on in your life and whether or not you are consciously engaged in chakra healing.
For this reason, it is good to have a general, chakra balancing meditation that will be effective regardless of the state of your chakras. We offer a great, guided Daily Chakra Balancing Meditation as part of our online course, “Boost Your First Chakra for Grounding & Prosperity.” If you prefer, you can follow these instructions, and do it on your own:
Find a comfortable seated position – cross-legged or sitting in a chair with your feet planted firmly on the ground. Now, your body’s position always affects your energy, so it’s important you take a moment to adjust your posture all the way up your spine. This way, the energy of the spinal channel can flow unimpeded during the meditation.
First, make sure you have a slight lumbar curve in your lower back. If your lower back feels outwardly curved, boost your hips a bit by sitting on the edge of a folded blanket, or grab your thighs with both hands and turn them inward and backward, drawing the flesh of your sitting bones back, slightly widening your sitting bones apart. For best results, bow forward slightly as you take your thighs back and apart.
After you create a slight lumbar curve, scoop your tailbone down toward the floor. In other words, tilt your pelvis back a bit and ground the energy of your tailbone downward. This should create a sensation of slight engagement in your abdomen. Then lift your chest up higher, and widen your collarbones to the sides, expanding your heart center. Finally, take the sides of your neck back slightly to line your neck up with the rest of your spine, and then lift up lightly through the crown of your head.
You are now in optimal spinal alignment. Place your hands gently on your thighs and close your eyes. Gently draw your attention to the base of your spine. Imagine your tailbone has an actual tail (or cord) – a red one. Visualize this red cord extending from your tailbone all the way to the core of the earth. See it attaching to the core of the planet, and feel how it immediately grounds and connects you to Mother Earth.
On the next inhale, draw earth energy up the red cord, into your spine, and all the way up into your heart. Hold it for a moment, then exhale up the spine, and visualize bright white light extending up to the sky, like a whale’s spout.
Pause a moment, then inhale white energy from the sky back through your crown into the bottom of your heart. Hold it a moment, then exhale, sending it back down the spine to the core of the earth. Repeat this process several times, until you feel both calm and energized in a balanced way.
Suggestions for Boosting Individual Chakras
The meditation above is for general daily use when you want to balance all the chakras evenly. Sometimes you may want to focus on boosting a particular chakra if it feels low in energy or if a diagnostic test has singled it out as being deficient. Here is a comprehensive list of ways to increase the energy of any given chakra.
Chakra One – Muladhara – Root
1) Do a grounding meditation – imagining your tailbone attaching to the core of the earth.
2) Rest and sleep well.
3) Walk — with bare feet, if possible — paying close attention to your connection to the earth.
6) Make pottery on a wheel or sculpt with clay.
7) Trace your personal history and create a family tree.
8) Observe and/or hug trees, and visualize their roots reaching deeply into the earth.
9) Ingest red foods and drinks. Beets are particularly strong since they are a root vegetable and a very rich red.
10) Put out lots of different scents and practice smelling them while blindfolded (smell is the first chakra sense).
11) Place a 1st Chakra Booster Healing Tattoo™on the lowest part of the back. Or for super grounding, place two of them on your front body – one on the top of each thigh.
Chakra Two – Svadisthana – Sacral
1) Get a sensual massage
2) Take time to savor a delicious meal – include juicy foods and eat with your fingers if possible.
3) Enjoy a long, aromatic bath.
4) Dance like nobody is watching.
5) Make love with yourself or another for twice as long as you normally would. Light candles and put on some pleasing music beforehand.
6) Hoola hoop.
7) Play with kids – and let them lead the way.
8) Lick a sucker all the way down without biting it (taste is the sense of the second chakra).
9) Eat orange foods, especially juicy ones like oranges or canteloupe.
10) Place a 2nd Chakra Booster Healing Tattoo™ on the sacral portion of your back and/or below the belly button on front.
Chakra Three – Manipura – Solar Plexus
1) Read mentally stimulating books.
3) Volunteer to lead something.
4) Do a liver cleanse or a general detox program.
5) Do mind puzzles.
6) Do something that scares you.
7) Laugh every day.
8) Eat yellow foods and carbohydrates. Set a goal and create plan of action to reach it.
9) Perform in public.
10) Put a 3rd Chakra Booster Healing Tattoo™on your solar plexus on the front and/or back.
Chakra Four – Anahata – Heart
1) Practice gratitude.
2) Practice gratitude.
3) Practice gratitude.
4) Keep a gratitude journal. (Get the picture?)
5) Do some heartfelt volunteer work.
6) Smile at three strangers (or more) every day.
7) Say “I love you” to at least three people you love every day.
8) Hug yourself – just wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze lovingly.
9) Keep a photo of yourself as a child where you can see it often, and give it love.
10) Eat green foods – love your vegetables.
11) Place a 4th Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo™ on the front and/or back side of your heart center.
Chakra Five – Visuddha – Throat
1) Practice saying “no.”
2) Write a haiku about anything (it’s easy, 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables).
3) Sing in the shower.
4) Let out a deep scream – or big laugh — in the privacy of your own car.
5) Take a one hour vow of silence, then expand it to more hours, until you can spend a whole day without talking.
6) Tell someone a secret you’ve been keeping.
7) Listen to your favorite music while doing nothing.
8) Fake yawns for about five minutes to open the jaw energy.
9) Say your favorite mantra (or affirmation) 10 times.
10) Eat blue foods. Blueberries are a super anti-oxidant.
11) Place a 5th Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo™on the back of your neck.
Chakra Six – Ajna – Brow Center
2) Do exercises that balance the right and left hemispheres of the brain (search for some online).
4) Listen to your intuition – and do what it says.
5) Try to see people’s auras – a faint energetic outline around them.
7) Keep a dream journal and analyze your dreams.
8) Search Google Images for a 6th chakra yantra and hang it up.
9) Eat violet/indigo colored foods – like juicy grapes.
10) Place a 6th Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo™above and between the brows or anywhere else on the body (see use instructions).
Chakra Seven – Sahasrara – Above the Crown
3) Imagine a thousand petal lotus on your crown.
4) Put clear quartz crystals in your water to make “7th chakra tea” and drink it often.
5) Make a beautiful altar with your favorite sacred items and pictures of beloved deities.
6) See yourself in every person you meet. Find at least one commonality.
7) Be silent for a chosen period of time.
8) Wear white.
9) Place a 7th Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo™ on the top of the crown (if you’re bald) or anywhere else on the body – the back of the high heart (between the 4th and 5th chakras) is a particularly effective spot.