Since every energy center (chakra) in your body is different, each one responds better to different healing modalities. In this article, I’m going to share the best methods for the second chakra that resides in your pelvis.
If you haven’t seen my video/article about the first chakra, you can check it out here.
The second chakra is also known as the sacral chakra. It’s orange and it resides in the center of your pelvis. As the home of your divine feminine energy, it’s related to your emotions, sensuality, fertility, creativity, ease and flow.
It’s also associated with the element of water, whereas the first chakra is associated with the element of earth, which means these two neighboring chakras are basically opposites. The stable, earthy healing methods that work for your first chakra are not the best option for pelvic healing.
Keeping in mind that your sacral chakra is water element that is tied to creativity and emotions, here are the six best healing methods for healing it:
1. Watsu – this aquatic modality is usually done one-on-one, which is perfect for the intimacy-oriented. In it, you allow a practitioner to gently guide you through the waterpool experiencing a flowing water dance. Because it is all about flow and letting go, and it takes place in water, this beloved method is amazing for boosting and balancing your sacral chakra.
2. Art Therapy – since the sacral chakra is all about creativity and play, art therapy is a great way to heal it. I especially recommend art therapy using mandalas. These round works of art invite in sacredness and feminine energy because of their circularity. And they’re very easy to make.
3. Liquid Cleanse – Again, because the sacral chakra is related to water and flow, going on a liquid cleanse can be perfect for this energy center. If you use orange fruits and/or veggies – like oranges or mangos or yams – even better!
4. Emotional Release Techniques – there are many different techniques for releasing emotions, and all of them are great for the sacral chakra. Since I have a background in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, I am familiar with the Mental and Emotional Release Technique. A friend of mine swears by the Emotion Code. You can do the research and choose whichever specific technique resonates with you.
5. Sacred Sexuality (aka Tantra) – the sacral chakra is the home of sensuality and feminine sexuality, so tantra is a natural fit. Tantra is the practice of making sexual interactions more conscious and sacred. My partner Ross and I are both Editors of CLN, and we believe this is a subject area that is not covered in a conscious way by most media, so we dedicate our evening article slot to the topic of sacred sexuality five to six days a week. Here’s an example of a typical CLN tantric article, and here’s another.
6. My Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ — When I got a real root chakra tattoo, it healed my lifelong first chakra issues, so I decided to create temporary chakra healing tattoos for the world. And as of this writing, I have satisfied customers in 33 countries of the world. You can see my sacral tattoo in the video above. My son, Dylan and I put great love and attention into designing a highly effective sacral tattoo – which circular “water whirpools” and a crescent moon in the design, as well as the Sanskrit symbol for the Svaddisthana (2nd chakra). Of course the main color is orange to match the chakra as well.
The research of Dr. Masaru Emoto showed that words and symbols placed on water affect the molecular structure of that water. Since all of our bodies are mostly water (55-70% on average), putting a sacral chakra tattoo right on the area where it resides, boosts and balances in an amazingly powerful way.
So those are the six best methods for healing your sacral chakra. If you feel like your sensuality is lackluster or if your life feels, hard, dry and lacks play, you probably need more sacral yumminess in your life. These methods should do the trick. Enjoy!
Love and blessings,
Vicki Howie is the creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™, the beautiful, easy way to shift your chakra energy (and life!) 24/7. She’s also the host of the weekly Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series. Sign up for the free series here and experience the inspiration of great spiritual speakers. Want to heal your heart chakra? Get a free download of Vicki’s Heart Chakra Song here.