I’ve been teaching Vision Board Workshops for a few years now, and am still constantly amazed at the magic that takes place when people pick up felt pens, crayons, scissors, and glue sticks, and start playing with their personal visions of life. It’s a profound process – fun, but very, very deep.
The process itself changes you – especially when you use the feng shui bagua as your template (as we do in my workshops), because it invites you to look at every area of your life – something most of us don’t typically take the time to do.
If you’ve ever considered making a vision board, I say, just do it! And soon. I love creating my own Vision Boards as well. In fact, I can feel a new one trying to birth through me right now.
The tough thing about making a Vision Board is it sometimes feels too big to take on, or conversely, we focus too much on one specific area of our life and create imbalance. I hope I will be able to guide you through my Feng Shui Vision Board Process one day, but until I do, I hope you will sit down and start one on your own.
To motivate you to do so, I’m sharing my Top 10 Tips For Creating The Ultimate Vision Board.
So go get your art supplies and images together and go for it!
Vicki’s 10 Commandments for Making a Great Vision Board:
- Be Playful & Use Your Intuition – Don’t over-think!!! Do what compels you. Make what you like to look at. You need to love your Vision Board because your feelings magnify the Law of Attraction.
- Use Positive Terms In The Present Tense – “Lose weight” becomes “I am in great shape” “Get out of debt” becomes “I am prosperous.” The Universe hears “weight” and “debt” and thinks you want more of them.
- Use More Imagery And Less Words – Images ignite the creative, powerful right brain and the subconscious mind, whereas words access the more logical left brain and conscious mind. The real magic happens in the subconscious/right brain.
- Include Yourself – Try to have photos, or your name, or some other highly personal element in as many sections of the board as possible. It is very important that you let your subconscious mind (and the Universe) know that this entire board is about YOU and your life.
- Stay UNLIMITED** – You do not have to be “realistic.” The universe works in mysterious ways, and we are calling on the Universe here. Do no limit your board to things you think are logically possible. **One big caveat: you must be able to believe everything on your board is possible. So the real litmus test is does every image on your board FEEL GOOD and POSSIBLE when you look at it? By the way, this “believability factor” is for you, not the Universe. The Universe is just as happy to give you a mansion as a shack, but you must believe everything on your board is possible.
- Make Your Vision Board Just For YOU – Future you, not past you. Be wary of putting things on your board that you THINK you should want, that others want you to achieve, or that you USED to like or want, but no longer do. Heed the old adage, “Be careful what you wish for.” If you put a photo of a supermodel in your Love & Marriage area, make sure you truly want a partner who might spend more time with the mirror than you.
- Create Stand-Out Elements – Think of creative ways to give your board more dimension and make it “pop”. Some examples are: Glue on a lucky charm, single earring, beads or piece of nature (i.e. small seashell or rock). Add a small dry erase board or mirror. Glue an actual frame around something you want to emphasize. Use a small spring, accordion folded paper or cardboard backing to extend any given image off the board. You can also put your head on someone else’s body — if where they are or what they are doing inspires you. The sky of your imagination is the limit.
- Use A Bagua But Stay Loose With The Boundaries – The Feng Shui Bagua is an excellent template for making a Vision Board, because it addresses all the major areas of your life. But don’t get stuck in it’s boundaries. Be inspired by it, but don’t let it confine you in any way. One client had her money float from her wealth corner all over her board, and she experienced incredible financial windfalls soon after!
- Stay Open To Something Better – Focus on what you feel, and leave it up to the Universe to satisfy that feeling in the best possible way (even better than you can imagine!). I suggest writing this phrase from Shakti Gawain’s “Creative Visualization” on the back of your board: “This or something better now manifests for me in totally satisfying and harmonious ways for the highest good of all concerned”.
- LOVE YOUR VISION BOARD – This was mentioned in Commandment #1 and is being repeated here, because it is the MOST IMPORTANT THING. This is your vision board and it should express your tastes and desires so perfectly that you love every inch of it! If there is anything on your board you don’t love, then let go of it. You want to feel great every time you look at your board.
Please feel free to share these tips with your friends, or even re-publish them. If you choose to re-publish, please include this text:
Vicki Howie is an Empath, Life Coach, and Creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™. She’s a Certified Master Hypnotherapist, NLP Practitioner, and Registered Yoga Teacher too. Vicki can help you tap into your personal roadmap for success – the chakras that resides within you. Grab your FREE copy of her Chakra Empowerment Course or a FREE copy of her Heart Chakra Healing Song or find out more about her Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ here. Love and blessings..