Some people get spiritually intimidated when it comes to our crown chakra, because it’s our portal to divinity. No need for that. It’s still part of your chakra system, it just happens to be the least physical chakra, so the modalities that work best here move away from the physical world and your bodily senses. This is where it gets a little more surreal.
Here are the 5 Best Methods for Opening Your Crown Chakra:
(1) Pratyahara – This is one of the “limbs” of yoga, and it’s a Sanskrit word for withdrawal of the senses. Whereas the root chakra is all about embodiment and your physical existence as a spiritual entity, the crown chakra is about dissolving into source energy and consciousness to become aware of your oneness with everything. Your senses bring you into the physical realm, so practicing pratyahara, takes you beyond the physical realm.
You can do this literally, by plugging up your ears to block out sound, closing your eyes to take away sight, or plugging your nose to remove any sense of smell. Try these all at once and see what you experience. One formal way to do this is to soak in a sensory deprivation tank where they put you in body temperature water, cover your eyes and ears and let you float in saline water. Many people claim they have mystical experiences while floating in a salt water tank.
(2) Meditation is great for opening crown energy. One active meditation I like for this is to imagine that your crown is a sunroof, and then see it slowly sliding open and allowing bright, warm light to flood into your whole being. This creates a great sense of being connected to source energy.
(3) Prayer is a very effective way to surrender to the divine. I find that unconditional prayer works best. If you’ve never seen my video on unconditional prayer, you can check it out here:
(4) My Crown Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoo is a beautiful way to open your crown chakra. It features the “om” symbol, the base sound of all existence, as well as both the white and violet hued colors that are related to the seventh chakra. It also has an illusion of endless lotus petals since the name of this chakra is the “thousand petal lotus” which speaks to its ability to open up the unlimited spiritual potential that resides inside all of us. You can get yours here.
(5) Fasting has long been associated with connection to the divine. By taking our attention off of our physical sustenance, it strengthens our spiritual resolve. Some religions even incorporate fasting vows. Be conscious to fast in a way that is safe for your physical body — and to always stay hydrated.
There you have it — the 5 best healing methods for the crown chakra. If you find that you are feeling hopeless, depressed or stuck, you probably need to work on opening your crown chakra. Apply one or more of these healing methods and reconnect with the Divine!
Vicki Howie is the creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™, the beautiful, easy way to shift your chakra energy (and life!) 24/7. She’s also the host of the weekly Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series. Sign up for the free series here and experience weekly positive shifts. Want to heal your heart chakra? Get a free download of Vicki’s Heart Chakra Song here. Blessings.