First, let me just say that I’m not “with” anybody this Valentine’s. It’s just me-and-me, and that’s okay. In fact, it’s better than okay. It’s sweeeeeeet. I’m loving my space and my quiet time, and my calm (uninterrupted) mind. This Valentine’s, I’m practicing loving myself, so when my amazing, deeply soulful lover/partner shows up (as I know he will!), I’ll be rested, ready, and quite adept at letting love in.
If you too are celebrating this Valentine’s with yourself, I hope you do it up right. And if you’d like some ideas on how to spoil yourself properly, please check out my post, “A Valentine’s Gift: 10 Quick Ways To Practice Self-Love.”
On the other hand, if you have a Partner/Lover this holiday, I’m about to make things a little easier for you — especially if you’d like to give your beloved a more “spiritual” gift. Here are:
My Top 7 Spiritual Valentine’s Gifts
7. A Book of Love Poems by Rumi – The Ultimate Romantic and Uber Yogi, Rumi, never goes out of style. His words make Love and God synonymous (as they should be).
6. Couple’s Massage – check with your local spa or on craigslist if you’d like to find someone to come to your home. But qualifications and styles definitely vary, so ask your potential massage therapist where they studied, for how long, and other pertinent questions.
5. Chakra Truffle Box – from Chocolate.com – Decadent, delicious and exquisitely crafted, each truffle displays a beautiful chakra design. It even comes with a meditation guide.
4. Kuma Sutra Products – from kamasutra.com – named after that classic, tantric work, the Kama Sutra, this company offers tasty lubricants, sensual body oils and delicious body crèmes, all in the name of pursuing spiritual unity and bliss.
3. “Songs for the Inner Lover” CD by Miten & Deva Premal – Talk about making beautiful music together! These two have been living the truth of their love for years. You can see it in their eyes and hear it in their songs. This CD is just one of many great choices you could make from their collection.
2. “Love and Awakening: Discovering the Sacred Path of Intimate Relationship” by John Welwood – This book is a guide to better love that never feels heavy-handed, and always seems like a gift from God. It will show you how your intimate relationship is inviting you and your partner to expand souls together.
1. Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ – Okay, yes, I am the creator and I am clearly favorably biased, but these beautiful tattoos genuinely are the #1 Spiritual Valentine’s Gift. You can actually give the energy of LOVE to your lover with the green, heart chakra tattoos. And the process of putting them on your partner is the best part of the gift!