Hello Beautiful Soul, this week we are going to look at the shadow qualities of your throat chakra. Click on the video above to watch now.
If you haven’t yet seen the other videos in this shadow series, you can access them here:
As you may already know (but just in case you don’t), the throat chakra is blue, its element is sound/vibration and it’s related to your truth, authenticity, purpose and personal expression.
It’s the first of the upper chakras (consisting of throat, third eye and crown), which are related more to the spiritual than the physical realm. For this reason, the “negative” or “dark” shadow qualities come from a different dynamic than the ones in the lower chakras.
In the lower chakras (root, sacral and solar plexus), the dark shadow qualities come from having too much of the energy of a particular chakra. But it’s the opposite with the upper chakras. The dark shadow qualities in the upper chakras come from having too little of the energy of a particular chakra.
Why? Because growing up, our caregivers and culture teach us that it’s bad to be in our lower chakras and good to be in our upper chakras (or the heart and above) where love and spirituality resides.
This kind of socialization causes us to relegate our strong lower chakra and our weak upper chakra qualities into the shadow realm and pretend that they are not a part of us. And this pretending causes us to lose a lot of our chakra power.
Shadow integration is the realization that all our energy comes from one consciousness (the Divine) and we need it all to be whole. When we don’t integrate the shadow aspects of ourselves, they come out in subconscious (leaky) ways. When we understand that we are everything, we can act more consciously and accept all of ourselves and others. Shadow integration creates true peace both inwardly and outwardly.
Here are the 5 Shadow Qualities of the Throat Chakra:
- Liar (Gift = Imagination)
- Aimless/Lacking Purpose (Gift = Being in the Moment)
- Fake/Inauthentic (Gift = the Ability to Play Bigger )
- Inexpressive (Gift = Mastery of Listening)
- Crooked (Gift = Playful, Powerful, Irreverence)
To integrate these qualities, work with these five methods;
- Find the gift of each chakra quality. What does each shadow quality give you?
- Tap on each shadow quality. You can watch my video on tapping to heal your throat chakra to learn the simple and powerful EFT technique.
- Elicit memories of times you’ve embodied each chakra shadow quality.
- Love yourself (as a child or adult) when you’ve embodied each quality.
- Take back your shadow projections. One easy way is to fill out Byron Katie’s Judge Your Neighbor Worksheet and then do the work.
Of course both of my lists — the shadow qualities and the integration methods — are not exhaustive. There are more that can be added to each. So please share any you come up with here on my youtube page (it’s the best forum for making comments and asking questions).
Thanks for being on this spiritual journey with me!
Love and blessings,