Your throat chakra is a beautiful blue and it’s related to sound, truth, authentic expression and life purpose.
Before you dive into healing any of your chakras, you should always do a diagnostic assessment, because if you start boosting a chakra that is already overactive, you will actually throw your chakras more out of balance in your effort to “heal.”
So let’s find out if you have a balanced fifth chakra by looking at the signs that show it is underactive. We’ll start with the physical and move from there.
7 Signs Your Throat Chakra Is Underactive
- You have issues related to the throat, mouth or ears like tinnitus (ringing in the ears), laryngitis, TMJ, gum disease or major problems with your teeth.
- You have thyroid issues – either hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism (under or over).
- You have a problem telling the truth. This applies even if you tell a lot of “white lies” and there’s a definite throat chakra weakness if you are a pathological liar.
- You don’t express your voice (even when you’re alone like singing in the shower or along with the car radio).
- You feel lost in regard to your life purpose. This also means your job probably doesn’t feel very meaningful or like it’s the “right” job for you.
- You don’t keep your word. This means you regularly break your vows both big and small.
- You often hold back your truth – even when you are doing it to be “nice.”
If you see yourself in four or more of the signs I’ve described, it’s quite likely your throat chakra could use some boosting. You need to start prioritizing YOUR TRUTH above all else. Will someone get upset if you speak your truth? Maybe. That’s their choice. Will certain situations fall apart? Maybe. But do you really want your life to built on flimsy circumstances you feel are sustained by you being inauthentic or silent?
If you are ready to heal your throat, commit to your deepest truth and check out this article on The 7 Best Ways to Heal Your Throat Chakra and this one on doing Transformational Power Questions that Heal Your Throat Chakra. Then, grab some of my beautiful Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ and start healing your throat 24/7 — even in your sleep (my tattoos even got ride of my chronic neck pain!).
Note: If you see yourself in the signs above, but a written chakra test did not show your throat chakra to be weak, this could be due to a couple things: 1) a bad test — there are many online tests that are short and inaccurate (just marketing tools). A chakra test must have a minimum of 7 questions per chakra (49 total) to be nuanced and accurate. Also, 2) The throat chakra is the one energy center that cannot be measured accurately with a written chakra test. This is due to the fact that if your fifth chakra is weak, you’ll have a tendency to be dishonest on a subconscious or conscious level, and written tests rely on you being authentic and accurate in your self assessments.
Are you interested in knowing if your other chakras are underactive? Here are the articles and videos for each of the chakras leading up to the throat:
Happy chakra balancing and much love,
Vicki Howie is the host of the Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series (CLASS) (you can sign up for the free weekly series here) and the Creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ (find out what inspired her to create them here). You can get your complimentary copy of her heart chakra healing song here. Read more articles and get more info on her website chakraboosters.com and her youtube channel.