I love Matt Kahn. He’s definitely a teacher for our times. He turns old ideas on their head and continually expands our hearts. On Saturday, I had the opportunity to see Matt and his partner, Julie Dittmar at the Conscious Life Expo in Los Angeles.
Clearly the hosts of the event had no idea just how loyal and expanding Matt’s tribe is. They first had him booked in a tiny room, then moved us all to a medium room as the line of people to get in to see him grew, and eventually, they put us in the largest room where people across the globe got to experience Matt’s talk via live stream.
The talk was named after Matt’s recently released book, “Whatever Arises, Love That,” but it could have just as easily been called “Your Destiny is Guaranteed,” because Matt repeated this statement numerous times.
In this little article, I’m going to attempt to share with you my biggest take aways from Matt Kahn’s Conscious Life Expo lecture. Here they are:
1. Your destiny is guaranteed — so don’t waste your time pushing your agenda on the universe. Your destiny is unfolding, but if you push too much, you might get in the Universe’s way. Relax and fully give your attention and energy to the moment. How well are you loving what is arising in yourself and others? If you stop trying to orchestrate your destiny so much, you can allow yourself to be in completely in each moment and you can share your heart’s innocence.
2. Don’t try so hard to be spiritual. You are spirit. You can’t not be spiritual. Matt joked that often we try so hard to be what we think of as spiritual that we come off looking constipated. We box ourselves in with the way we think we should be and we don’t allow all of ourselves to be respected and expressed. The truly loving work is to embrace all of yourself.
3. Invite in that which you fear or avoid (Matt calls this being “gangster”). One of the ways we can learn to love what arises is by practicing calling in anything we know we fear. By inviting it in, we unplug it’s power. I had a revelation around this that it’s like when a kid is being bullied. The situation brings up terror until the day that the kid stands up to the bully and says, “bring it on!” Matt had us repeat four power statements after him, as a way of calling in and integrating whatever emotions we were frightened of like anger or sadness. Here they are (repeat them):
- If there is any truth in (insert emotion),
- Reveal yourself now.
- Destroy me completely.
- Or forever hold your peace.
4. You should thank mean people.They are giving you these gifts:
- Showing you their history and damage (giving you an opportunity to be compassionate)
- Showing you what you need to give to yourself (that which you’re not getting from them)
- The opportunity to practice giving what you need to yourself and ideally, to others
Matt ended by saying that we are in a whole new 5th dimensional era now where we can live beyond the reactive, cause-and-effect mode. Instead, we can be what the world is becoming. We can choose to live in a state where we truly love everything that arises.
Vicki Howie is the creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™, the beautiful, easy way to shift your chakra energy (and life!) 24/7. She’s also the host of the weekly Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series. Sign up for the free series here and experience weekly positive shifts. Get a free download of Vicki’s Heart Chakra Song here and expand the love and compassion in your life. xoxo