As I’ve pointed out before, each of your body’s main energy centers (each chakra) is totally unique and responds better to particular healing modalities.
Here are the best healing methods for your other chakras:
Today, we’re looking at the fifth chakra which resides in your throat and governs your personal expression, truth and purpose. It’s color is blue and it’s element is sound. Also, it’s related to your sense of hearing. So it should be no surprise that the best healing method for your throat chakra is any form of sound healing.
You can approach sound healing in many different ways, so I suggest a few variations in this article.
If you suffer from lockjaw (TMJ), it’s likely you have experience trauma in this chakra, probably in early childhood.
While I am saddened that your child-self may not have been heard or didn’t have a save place to express him or herself, I am elated that you are all grown up now, more aware, and reading about these ways to open up your fifth chakra.
You have a unique voice and a special talent to share, and you can only share it when your throat chakra is open, allowing you to be transparent, authentic and fully expressive of your personal truth.
Just as a dog can’t meow, and a cat can’t bark, if you are true to who you really are, the only thing that can come out of you is your authentic voice.
Many people spend a lot of timing worrying about what they should say or express because they are worried about what others will think or how they will react. You can’t control that, and that’s good, because rightly, it’s not your domain.
Others reactions are theirs, while your actions and personal expression are yours and should be true to you. This means you only job is to be utterly, totally YOU. If you focus on that and that alone, only your most authentic voice can come through. Everything you express will have raw power. You will be singing your bird song, just like an unencumbered robin.
With that in mind, here are the 7 best ways to heal your throat chakra:
(1) Work with Crystal Bowls – the sound from a real crystal bowl is so pure and healing, and playing one requires absolutely no musical knowledge. It’s more like stirring than playing. Most healers believe that the musical note G is related to the throat chakra, so get a bowl in the key of G and make some sacred sound!
(2) Sing or say mantras – repeating short, meaningful phrases can be very healing for the throat chakra. Sanskrit, the primary language of yoga, has lots of sacred mantras you can use, the simplest of which is “om,” the primordial sound of everything/the Universe. Also, there is a Sanskrit “bija” or seed sound for each chakra. The one for the throat chakra is “ham.”
(3) Do my YES/NO exercise – your physical life is animated through the pulsation of duality, like the endless in-and-out of your breath. When it comes to our personal expression, saying “yes” and “no” is like breathing in and out. All possibilities of expression fall between those two powerful poles. With clients, I usually find that one side of the duality is harder than another. Are you more of a “yes” person or a “no” person? In either case, this exercise will expand your possibilities. Simple sit in a comfortable position in a private space and yell “Yes!” as you open your arms wide and throw your head back. Then follow that by yelling “No!” as you wrap your arms around yourself, and move inward physically, chin to chest. Repeat many times, making the two words as equally passionate and strong as you can.
(4) Listen to my 5th Chakra Healing Song – the seed sound for the throat chakra – ham – is featured prominently in the healing song I co-created with Jeff Bonilla for this chakra. Also prominent is a powerful salutation to the little-known voice Goddess, Vaka. It goes like this,”Om shree Vaka, jaya Vaka” and is my favorite part of the song. You can hear a sample of the song here.
(5) Practice shoulder stand – considered the Queen of all yoga poses, because of it’s amazing healing abilities. The throat chakra is regulated by the thyroid and doing shoulder stand regularly is an excellent way to keep your thyroid super healthy. I know of one yogi friend who cured herself of Grave’s disease by doing this pose along with headstand every day for six months.
(6) Wear my throat chakra tattoo – my Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ are designed to be totally specific to each chakra, and I’ve directly experienced the efficacy of my throat chakra tattoo. It cured me of chronic neck pain. The color is aqua-marine, the design includes a sound frequency pattern in the lotus petals, and the symbol is the sanskrit word for the fifth chakra. All these elements specifically bring direct healing to your throat.
(7) Wear a mantra or throat stone pendant – one other healing method I forgot to mention on my video is to wear a necklace with either a throat chakra stone or a sacred symbol. Because a necklace specifically falls in the throat chakra region, it will be particularly healing.
As always, I’d love to hear any other favorite healings you use.
Be well, and happy, and most importantly, be your authentic self!
Love and blessings,
Vicki Howie is the creator of Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™, the beautiful, easy way to shift your chakra energy (and life!) 24/7. Grab your free copy of her chakra video training series here and heal your heart chakra with a free download of Vicki’s Heart Chakra Song here.