I awoke today with a shaky feeling in my heart. You see, I’m an empath and I feel the collective energy, and today is the day that the entire world will never forget. The date 9/11 will forever be etched in our collective heart, and though we certainly react to it with less intensity now than we did in the first anniversary after the event, there is still a big charge.
In fact, from my bodily gage, it feels as if the collective emotional intensity waned as much as it could a couple years ago, and is now growing a bit again. Maybe it’s the world economy and the tension and wars everywhere, or maybe I’m just getting more sensitive. In any case, there is still energy to be healed around this date, so in that way, 9/11 offers us all a gift; an opportunity to face our fears and to grow beyond them.
So, the question is not whether we’ll remember 9/11, but how we’ll remember it. Will we focus on concepts like loss, fear, “enemy”? Or will we focus on growth, love and connection?
In every moment, we create our reality by what experiences we focus on, what we make those experiences mean, and how we choose to act on them.
Today, I invite you to choose to focus on the good, and make 9/11 mean the future is full of positive possibility. I also invite you to take some actions that heal your heart and the heart of others – actions that bolster your belief in humanity. I have three suggestions of what you can do to heal, but first, let me mention three things you DON’T want to do today:
1. Don’t Watch Old Footage of 9/11. You have enough “reels” in your memory; no need to make your body go through the trauma again.
2. Don’t Blame Anybody for the Event. Blame is a fear-induced (and fear-inducing) exercise.
3. Don’t Stay Isolated & Alone. Healing comes from heart connection with others. When we connect lovingly, we heal and are healed at the same time. It’s a win-win.
And here are the three things you DO want to do:
1. Ground Yourself – your root chakra, which is located in your tailbone, legs and feet, holds your sense of safety and security. Bolster it today with this Root Chakra Healing Song from my album “Chakra Love”:
Other things that can build your root chakra energy are hiking, gardening, pottery, drumming or walking barefoot. Another great way to ground is to meditate and imagine your tailbone is growing roots that reach down, down, down into the core of the earth, making you feel anchored and safe. Inhale energy up from the core of the earth and then back down into the core of the earth in a continual loop for as long as you’d like.
2. Focus on Strengthening & Expanding Your Heart Energy – After you feel grounded, you can them open your heart chakra. You can do so really easily by simply focusing inward and imagining the energy in your heart glowing green and growing bigger and brighter. You can also listen to (and sing along with) my Heart Chakra Healing Song from Chakra Love (get your free download here). Once you’ve done some activities like this and you’re feeling a bit stronger in your heart, do this Ho’Oponopono meditation:
As you do it, send love to your fear or to anyone you feel frightened of. The words you say in the meditation are quite simple, but magical: “I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you.” I know it seems counter intuitive to ask your fear for forgiveness, but please just try it. It helps. The heart has it’s own logic that is completely different than the mind’s.
3. Connect with Others More – Once you’ve done one and two above and you’re feeling stronger, safer and more open, make it your mini-mission to reach out to others today (and perhaps the rest of this week or the rest of your life!). Hug more, smile more, help more. Call or skype loved ones who are far away and tell them how much you love and appreciate them. Smile at strangers. Put a few coins in somebody else’s meter. Find little, loving ways to connect with everyone around you.
Thank you for taking these little, powerful actions. When you start by healing yourself, you give a gift to the world, because our planet is nothing more than the sum of each of our individual energies. Each time one of us adds to the loving, healing energy on the planet, a small, positive shift occurs. And when our collective shifts reach critical mass, our entire paradigm and way of living will expand into a higher, more peaceful and mutually-respectful order. We are the creators. Let us choose love over fear again and again.
I wish for you a strong and open heart, and deep, satisfying healing.
Much love, Vicki