This is the first video in a series I’ve created for you where we will be journeying through the needs of your chakras one at a time. As humans, we have all sorts of needs – physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual. In fact, we have one major need in each of our chakras. As we meet these important needs, we naturally feel more fulfilled.
Unfortunately, if we’re not consciously aware of our basic chakra needs and are not fulfilling them, our subconscious will try to fulfill them in ways that may be counterproductive to what we consciously want.
We may find ourselves engaging in irrational behavior or in some way, sabotaging our conscious desires. So it’s wise to know your basic needs as a human and to seek to fulfill them on a conscious level.
In this series, I share the basic need of each chakra and simple ways you can fulfill that need. In this article, we’re looking at the basic need of your first (root) chakra which is certainty and safety.
Think about the real reason a horror film scares you. It isn’t because of the cheesy monster or all the fake blood. Rather, it’s because of the unknown. You don’t know when the madman will jump out or when a claw may reach out. And that is scary!
We humans need to feel safe and have a certain degree of certainty and safety in our lives. That’s why so many people make decisions out of fear. We take jobs we don’t like, because we’re afraid that without them, we won’t be able to pay the rent. We stay in so-so (or sometimes miserable) relationships because we’re afraid nobody else will want us, and we decline offers to go sky diving or rock climbing because we’re afraid we’ll fall to our death.
As a race, we strive to stay safe and secure, and this is a good, healthy drive — if we stay aware of it and balance it with our other basic needs. So how do you fulfill your need for certainty? Here are my suggestions:
7 Simple Ways To Create A Sense of Certainty In Your Life
1) Wear my 1st chakra healing tattoo. When I got a real 1st chakra tattoo, a lifetime of fear and anxiety left my body. I created my Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ so others could experience the same thing. They affect the water in your body in a positive way and make you feel more grounded. This story better explains their origin.
2) Do grounding exercises. Whenever we connect more deeply with mother earth, we feel more safe and certain. Close your eyes and turn within. Imagine roots growing from your tailbone down to the core of the earth and anchoring you to it. Then imagine inhaling up from the roots to your tailbone and exhaling back down to the core of the earth. Do this for a few minutes until you feel a sense of security and grounding.
3) Walk barefoot and participate in a practice called earthing. Where as in the previous exercise you were just visualizing connecting to mother earth, in this one, you’re actually doing it.
4) Create a more regular routine. The more you can stick to a regular routine, the more your natural sense of certainty rises. This is because you (and your subconscious mind and body) literally know what’s coming.
5) Have a touchstone. May people feel better when they have an object that they can touch. Objects – especially ones you can carry with you like an actually pocket-sized stone – are always there for you. You can count on them being there. This increases your sense of certainty.
6) Listen to and watch my First Chakra Song Music Video.
7) Choose friends who are reliable and don’t try to rely on those who are not. We all know that certain people are more reliable than others. Don’t reduce your certainty by depending on undependable people. You know the type. You can be friends with them, but don’t count on them. They don’t even count on themselves!
There you go. Seven ways to better fill your need for certainty. I hope you will jump into them this week and make sure that your first chakra’s need for certainty is fulfilled. Next up, we’ll look at the need of your second (sacral) chakra. Care to guess what it is?
Vicki Howie is a Co-Editor of CLN as well as a Life Coach, Certified Hypnotherapist and Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher. She is the host of the Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series (sign up CLASS for free here). She is also the Creator of world-renowned Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ (now used in 28 countries) and the contemporary healing album “Chakra Love.” Visit her Chakra Abundance website and grab a free copy of her 60 minute abundance audio.