This is the last video in a series I’ve created for you where we have been journeying through the needs of your chakras one at a time. As humans, we have all sorts of needs – physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual. In fact, we have one major need in each of our chakras. As we meet these important needs, we naturally feel more empowered and fulfilled.
If you don’t know what your basic needs are, you may not be able to fulfill them consciously. And if you’re basic needs go unfulfilled, you may find yourself doing unconscious or uncharacteristic things to get them met.
If you’re new to this series, take a few moments and watch the previous videos to become familiar with all your chakras. Here are the videos:
The need of your crown chakra is to be connected with the divine. Often, when psychologists talk about human needs, they leave this one off, because it’s a “higher” spiritual need. Some might even say that because spirit has no needs, the term “spiritual need” is an oxymoron. But as long as we live in a human body, we have needs, and while our higher needs may not be as pressing as our need for food and shelter, it can be stronger, because it is a deeper yearning.
Here are 7 Ways to Fulfill Your Need to Connect With the Divine
1) Pray – If you believe in a particular religion and they tell you the correct way to pray, then you will probably feel most comfortable praying in that way. But if you don’t have any such guidelines, I invite you to pray in whatever way feels genuine to you. You may do it on your knees, or in your journal (writing to God) or in your head. There’s no right way to pray. It’s up to you to figure out how you like to communicate with the divine. Go with your heart and gut.
2) Meditate – As a yoga teacher, I have heard so many people say, “I can’t meditate” or “I don’t know how to meditate.” Of course you can! And of course you know how! For some reason, most people think there is a “proper” way to meditate. And yes, there are many teachers that will tell you there is. I don’t believe that. I’ve reaped many rewards from meditating over the years, and the only things I think are necessary are that you sit, be quiet and be present. And if you add heartfelt connection to yourself and some openness to something bigger than your ego-self, meditating will be rewarding for you. It has been shown to have all sorts of positive, physical benefits (that’s why it’s recommended by the American Heart Association), and it will definitely help you feel calmer and more connected to the divine.
3) Make an altar – All you need is a small table or shelf area where you can put pictures and/or sacred objects. You may want to add crystals, incense or candles too. The only guideline is this: only put things on your altar that feel sacred and special, and make you feel closer to your Higher Power.
4) Do breath exercises – You can study with someone who is trained in formal breathing techniques, or you can just breathe more consciously. Spirit lives in the breath in the form of prana, ki or chi, so even, just quietly witnessing your breath connects you to the divine.
5) Read spiritual books and texts – You can read spiritual texts like the bible, the Koran, or the Bhagavad Gita (they have great stories) or you can go with something more modern like Conversations with God or any book “written” by a channel. There are thousands of books that will make connect you more fully with your Source. Not sure where to start? Here’s my list of all time favorites.
6) Get out in nature. Nature is totally divine. It’s in perfect, cyclical rhythm. So when you’re in it, you feel the presence of God. If your goal is to feel closer to your Higher Power, then go alone, or at least with someone else who will be quiet, open and reverent with you. And if you live in the city, remember even a little time in a park can help, especially if there are lots of trees. Check out this fascinating article about how trees are interconnected and communicate with each other.
7) Wear my Crown Chakra Booster Healing Tattoo™. With its thousand petal lotus design, it is as beautiful as it is functional. Wearing chakra tattoos has changed my life – as well as the lives of my customers in 30 countries around the world. Here’s the story of how and why I created them (hint: it was tied to the research of Dr. Masaru Emoto who showed that words on water change the underlying structure of water). And here’s a little video that explains further. My crown chakra tattoo, in particular, always gets the same question from clients: where do I put it? Well, if you’re bald, you can wear it right on the top of your head, but most of us aren’t bald, so my suggestion is that you wear it on your back on the high heart (the spot in your upper back right between your heart and throat chakras). Here’s a video and page full of answers as to how and where to wear my healing tattoos. Not only will you feel more peaceful and tapped into spirit, but you’ll get comments on how lovely it is as well.
Now you have my seven ways to create more connection with spirit and meet the need of your crown chakra. If you really want to make sure you have balance in your life and that you are stepping into ALL of your power, going through all your needs and making sure each one is met is a great way to start.
Most of us emphasize one area of our life over another and feel out of balance. Becoming aware of all your chakra needs and doing little things to fulfill them all is a great way to restore balance and to feel and be more empowered. Also, each chakra has particular methods that best heal and balance it.
The needs of your neighboring lower chakras are the hardest to balance (especially 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th) so pay special attention to those. Good for you for working with yourself at the energetic level. When you work here, you get to the root energy that creates everything in your life. Here you can plant the seeds for your fullest, most possible life!
Love and blessings,
Vicki Howie is a Co-Editor of CLN as well as a Life Coach, Certified Hypnotherapist and Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher. She is the host of the Conscious Life Awakened Speaker Series (sign up for CLASS for free here). She is also the Creator of world-renowned Chakra Boosters Healing Tattoos™ (now used in 30 countries) and the contemporary healing album “Chakra Love.” Visit her Chakra Abundance website and grab a free copy of her 60 minute abundance audio.